Mona Vale Medical Centre has a hybrid system with variances amongst the different doctors.
In general, most doctors operate under the following Mixed Billing fee and appointment system (some doctors do vary):
WALK-IN SERVICE – FEES APPLY
- You can walk-in and see a doctor.
- Fees for a walk-in patient are $50 (rebate of $39)
- If you meet the Bulk Billed Appointment criteria below, we suggest you book rather then walk-in.
- Children 15 and below, along with Pensioners and Concession card holders are Bulk Billed.
BULK BILLING APPOINTMENTS (face to face and telehealth):
- Is available for children 15 and under, Pensioners and Healthcare Concession Card holders (you must have had a face to face visit in the past 12 months).
- Some doctors may offer Bulk Billing at their discretion for other patients.
- Most doctors Bulk Bill patients being managed under a Chronic Disease Health condition.
SET APPOINTMENT TIMES – PAID
- All doctors see Booked Appointment times by priority and your waiting time is a minimum.
- Some doctors work only by Booked Appointment.
- Fees for a booked appointment start at $75 (rebate of $39)
TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENT FEES – FOR THOSE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BULK BILLED APPOINTMENT
- Phone and video appointments are available with most doctors.
- Fees start at $50 for a phone consultation (you will get a Medicare rebate if you have had a face to face visit in the past 12 months, or for children under 12 months of age)
Other fees may also apply for other items. If any other items apply you will be advised by our staff.
Payment is required at the time of visit.
No accounts are issued.
We do not accept cheques
We can submit your claim directly to Medicare if you have updated your bank details with Medicare. The Medicare rebate will be paid directly to you within a few days.
Or you can click on this link to get a Medicare Online account: