There are many forms of contraception available. We suggest you consult with your GP to decide which is most suitable for you.
Two common forms of contraception are:
- Implanon https://www.fpnsw.org.au/factsheets/individuals/contraception/contraceptive-implant
- Mirena / IUD https://www.fpnsw.org.au/health-information/individuals/contraception/hormone-releasing-iud-mirena
At Mona Vale Medical Centre, we are able to insert and remove both of these methods.
Please phone the practice to book an appointment, as only selected doctors provide this service.
For insertion of either device, an initial consultation is required.
The fees for the service of inserting and or removing are:
- Implanon removal $100 (Medicare rebate of $51.65)
- Implanon insertions $80 (Medicare rebate of $43.50)
- Mirena removal $100 (Medicare rebate of $71)
Please note, you will be given a script to purchase the device from a pharmacy.