An Exercise Physiologist is an ESSA Accredited individual whom meets the highest level of training for prescribing exercise to individuals (a minimum 4 year University degree).
MediPhysio offers Exercise Physiology services to deliver safe and effective exercise interventions for patients who experience sub-acute or chronic medical conditions, injuries or disabilities.
MediPhysio’s Exercise Physiologist have years of experience prescribing and supervising specialised exercises for an array of patients; ranging from neurological to metabolic and novices to athletes. We have the knowledge and skill set to help our patients at any stage of their journey; planning, prescription, supervision or programming.
A list of the conditions our Exercise Physiologist can help you with, but not limited to, include:
- Sporting injuries
- Neurological conditions (Parkinson’s Disease, traumatic brain injuries, motor vehicle accidents, stroke)
- Cardiac issues (myocardial infarction, tranischemic attack, hypertension, etc.)
- Metabolic conditions (Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, insulin resistance, weight loss, weight gain)
- Ageing issues (osteoporosis/osetopaenia, balance and fall prevention, osetoarthritis)
- Work-related injuries & Workcover cases